Sunday 14 December 2014

Karmic Injustice

This is a guest post. It is unusual, yes. But this needs to be shared. Karmic Injustice was a coinage that we stumbled upon together. Urmi and I. These beautiful words from the painter partner describes what she was going through at that point and what Karmic Injustice means to her.
When we coined that phrase, I didn’t realize that I would have to use it so many times later. When I first said Karmic Injustice, it was just about me and one story. Now, 6 months later, it’s me and countless stories. As every friendship crossed a milestone, a new story was unveiled. And with every new tale of pain, my heart broke a little bit more.
Karmic Injustice... It’s just this. A word to describe the woes of those who have no woes. Like me. With my perfect life and happy endings. Karmic Injustice describes that which makes my existence unjustified. When so many around me cry, I can neither share their worries nor can wipe away their tears. Karmic Injustice is that itch in my heart that yearns to find out why! Why the world is so fucked up. Why can I be allowed to laugh when so many cry. Why need someone stay hungry while I nibble my dessert.
My mother assures me that there is justice in fate. That my happiness is not to be tainted by guilt. And yet, I cannot have faith in some reasoning that remains elusive and invisible. Karmic Injustice defines not just the tears of those unfairly punished... but also the first world problems of those who shed no tears. 
Oh... to dream of the day when I can just pluck the petals of my happiness and spread it all around...

2 comments:

  1. "Karmic Injustice is that itch in my heart that yearns to find out why! Why the world is so fucked up."
    Something (in everything) seems not-so-fair. We demand explanation. But they are never answered. They are better left unanswered .They are better the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was telling a friend yesterday, that "what I am trying to digest is the paradoxical coexistence of both hope and despair. That is the thing to understand and celebrate, I believe."

    ReplyDelete