Sunday 13 July 2014

On your departure

Oh, yes! 
definitely,
you can leave anytime you wish to -
the doors will always be open.


but do not turn back once you step out
for you will find all the doors closed,
and maybe even the windows
because I hate strangers peering into me.


do not try to knock
because I would have stopped listening to you
and do not try and pay a visit later
because I would have more guests, and you will not be needed.


yet
if,
and only if,
you chose to stay
you will find the warmest heart beating for you,
the softest beds for you to rest,
the strongest hand to hold you safe,
and the surest shoulders for you to cry upon.


i see that your mind is set,
then not let me waste my breath
let us say goodbye
and bid farewell forever.


[This poem has been published in the Issue 8 of Poetandgeek.com.]

No comments:

Post a Comment